teapot1

teapot1

Thursday, February 13, 2014




Trifecta Challenge

After a long “sabbatical,” I’ve decided to enter the Trifecta Challenge again this week:

 
This week we're asking for exactly 33 of your own words about love gone wrong.  But we're asking that you not use any of the following words: love, sad, tears, wept, heart, pain
 

After the Affair

My virginal self, shy, vulnerable, I brought to you.

In cars, hotel rooms, camptents.

In your home when you were alone.

I said Give me life. Give me meaning.

You did.

No regrets.
 
 
 

12 comments:

  1. life is best when there are no regrets. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great poem...like the positive approach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This evokes so much emotion. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! I always appreciate your support.

      Delete
  4. I think sometimes a clean break like this is good.. stll the love went bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And sometimes we can even come out better for it. Thanks for reading and for your comment.

      Delete
  5. The end of your poem is my favorite part - "no regrets". Simple but meaningful ending. Very nice poem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and moving.

    ReplyDelete